Position Vacant - Volleyball Australia Athlete Wellbeing & Engagement Manager
Volleyball Australia (VA) is seeking applications for an Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement Manager to be based either at the Queensland Academy of Sport
(QAS) or in the VA Office at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra. The Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement Manager will lead, manage and deliver
support to Volleyball Australia High-Performance (HP) Programs in all aspects of athlete wellbeing.
The Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement Manager will be responsible for the effective delivery of the VA AW&E Framework to support the holistic development,
safety, and protection of athletes.
Athlete Wellbeing & Engagement Manager
- Facilitate VA’s AW&E strategy and framework.
- Develop and maintain strong supportive relationships with VA’s HP athlete network both globally and domestically.
- Implement policies and procedures aligned to the VA AWE framework
- Establish and maintain connections with various referral networks available, including the AIS Mental Health Referral Network, AIS Career Network,
and other external relevant networks.
- Engage in on-going professional development in the areas of mental health and wellbeing.
- Establish pathways for athletes to engage with the local community and facilitate work experience programs/placements.
- Support in the long-term retention of VA national team athletes and assist in their eventual transition to life after sport.
- Ensure that the HP athletes are engaged and are aware of all of the available AW&E support available to them, by leading, manage
and delivering wellbeing support to athletes, with the outcomes of:
- maintaining their focus on success in their sport;
- making a positive transition into life after sport and;
- the ability to communicate positively about their life experiences in sport and transition into life after sport.
Salary package: To be negotiated commensurate with experience.
Applicants should provide a CV and 1-2 page cover letter indicating their experience in:
- Commitment to delivering best practice in career development support, education, vocational options and guidance.
- Contemporary knowledge of issues impacting mental health and wellbeing, and experience with implementing best practice support.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team within a high-performance environment.
- Establishing and maintaining connections with relevant industry networks.
Contact: Craig Marshall, National Performance Director, Volleyball Australia
VA supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications close at 9am on Wednesday the 24th of March.
Acknowledgment of Country
Volleyball Australia, incorporating Sport Australia and the AIS, pay our respects to the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia. We pay our
respects to Elders past and present and acknowledge the valuable contribution Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people make to Australian society